Wednesday, March 17, 2010

spring has sprung

Madison is beautiful in the springtime. My bicycle Martha has had her spring tune-up, and this afternoon I went for a ride by the lake. The ice is receding, but still present.I couldn't resist stopping during my ride to take some pictures.Martha, who originally belonged to my mother, is named after one of her childhood friends. My mom and I were both fortunate enough to have some really great childhood friends. I don't know if she and her buddies enjoyed playing around outside as much as me and mine, but I do know that neither of us had this kind of view in the park:
I love Madison in the springtime, and though I've lived here for four years, I still haven't gotten over the amazement of living a block from a gorgeous stretch of open water.
~Phosphorelated

No comments:

Post a Comment