Thursday, March 25, 2010

quilting coffee birds

I've been working on quilting the Coffee Birds quilt for my favorite coffee drinker! I couldn't decide what color thread to use for the quilting, so I asked him, and Brad said black. I was worried that such a dark color might really stand out, but I needn't have worried.
I really like the quilting pattern I decided to try. It's much more difficult than I'd imagined to rotate the quilt 90 degrees every few inches, but I really like the look of it.Now if only I could photograph it, life would be grand!It's much easier to see on the green, but of course this is between blocks; the individual blocks each have the birds in the middle and are built out from there, so you can't really see the square spiral pattern.
Maybe it'll show up better on the back.
~Phosphorelated

No comments:

Post a Comment