Monday, September 6, 2010

still quilting!

Happy Labor Day, to those of you who celebrate it (and those of you who don't)! I was at work fora while this morning, but when I finished things up there, I came home and back in front of the sewing machine. Here's how the quilt is looking this evening.It's overcast and has been raining a bit today, so the light isn't great, but I wanted to see the quilt outside.
I'm really liking it, which is good, because I'm not nearly done yet!
Here are some close-ups of the quilting. I now have 2.5 of the 5 rows of blocks quilted, but so far I've been concentrating on the ends. The middle is a lot harder to get through the machine; I've come up with a system of rolling the edges tightly and fastening with binder clips to help squeeze things through the throat of the machine.
It's not exactly easy in places, and it's certainly not fast, but I like the results! I hope you do, too!

Cheers,
~Phosphorelated

No comments:

Post a Comment