Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wisconsin Quilt Expo 2010

Last month I went to the Wisconsin Quilt Expo. It was truly amazing. I arrived at 9 and by 10 my camera battery was dead. I've been meaning to post about it since I went, and there was just too much to say so I kept putting it off. Instead, I've decided to post pictures a few at a time. There were just so many incredibly amazing quilts to see!

One of the highlights for me was the Sit & Sew workshop called "Beginning/Intermediate Free Motion Sewing" with Renee Shedivy. It's one of the things that has inspired me to branch out a bit with my quilting patterns. I've found that I'm starting to enjoy the quilting as much as the patchwork, and really look forward to developing my skills at both. In the meantime, here is some of the incredible inspiration I found at the quilt show!Detail of Diamond Flowers, pieced & quilted by Christy Schliesmann of Racine, WI.

Cheers,
~Phosphorelated

No comments:

Post a Comment