Tuesday, August 11, 2009

it's actually a quilt!

My little lap quilt is actually quilted! It is no longer just patchwork. Isn't she beautiful?

I used the same green thread for the quilting as I had the piecing. I know many people piece with white thread, but the colors make me happy and green thread is the same price as white, so I might as well get that extra little bit of enjoyment, no?
I know a solid-colored backing was probably not the best choice for my first foray into quilting, but I really liked how it felt, I thought the color went well with the top, and (most importantly) I had it on hand. I have my sister's quilt all pinned together; the living room floor was just large enough to lay out the twin-sized pieces, so I have no idea what I'll do if I ever make anything larger, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. The quilting on that quilt will probably have to wait until this weekend, but in the meantime the lap quilt needs to be trimmed and I need to figure out that binding thing. I love learning as I go!
~Phosphorelated

No comments:

Post a Comment