Sunday, August 1, 2010

a zig-zag quilt top!

This weekend I've been sewing away on my purple zig-zag quilt top. Here it is, with all the squares laid out on the floor ready to be sewn together:And, many hours later, assembled and trimmed!
It turns out I'm not crazy about sewing together squares on point (rotated so they look like diamonds, or like the points of the compass), which I don't completely understand since it's really not that different from sewing together strips of squares in the normal way. But it's done now and I love the result!

Next problem: backing. This quilt top is too big for any of the pieces of purple fabric I have in my stash, and I can't decide what I want to do with the back. I want to turn this into a quillow, or a quilt that folds up into a pillow, and that's only complicating the choice of a quilt back. Hmmm. Thoughts (and pictures) as I figure it out.

Cheers,
~Phosphorelated

No comments:

Post a Comment