Wednesday, January 19, 2011

quilt top complete!

My Color Blocks quilt top is done! It sat around for a bit after I got the sashing between all the blocks done because I wanted it to be bigger. So I added an 11" border on each side, in the same grey (Kona cotton in coal, I believe), and it's now 60" square. I couldn't have planned it better; I bought the Kona cotton on sale at JoAnn's, and got a very odd amount (2 5/8 yard or something uneven like that) because I bought whatever was left on the bolt. There are only a few scraps of the grey left; a couple 2.5"x5" and a few even smaller than that. Talk about meant to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment