Saturday, December 5, 2009

stash happiness

When I went on my happy little shopping spree Black Friday, it finally gave me the courage to dive into my previously small stash of high-end sock yarn. Totally worth it. Look at my beautiful Dream in Color Smooshy (Deep Seaflower) and my happy, lovely, upside-down (toe-up) Twinkleberry socks!

I'm so very glad I finally dove into this gorgeous yarn that I've been saving. I have a pair of beautiful green socks knit from Smooshy that I've been wearing weekly for months (my first-ever venture into the wonderful wide world of nice sock yarn I'd been hearing about on all my favorite podcasts), and they are wearing really well and I still love looking at them every time I put them on.

I'm still not crazy about knitting cables in sock yarn, but I'm getting much more comfortable with doing small cables without a cable needle, and I think the beautiful results are definitely worth it. I was able to memorize the Twinkleberry pattern after a few repeats, and now the socks are speeding right along. I think I'm in love (again). Am I shallow or just very lucky to find such happiness knitting beautiful things?
~Phosphorelated

No comments:

Post a Comment